My name is Sharmeen Ziauddin and I am a writer/journalist/blogger. I’m British, born and bred, I love sandwiches and complaining about the weather. I also love being a Muslim and combining the two is the most awesome thing. My British personality compliments my faith perfectly, making the two happily compatible.
This is a place where I blog about halal living. This means that I will blog about some of the following:
- Restaurants: I’m a big foodie so restaurants will be featured…A LOT. Where the restaurant serves halal meat I will specify at the bottom of the post. I observe a halal diet which means that everything I eat will be either vegetarian, seafood, alcohol-free or halal verified.
- Travel: Hotels, airlines, activities – anything related to travel that I think is ‘Muslim-friendly’.
- Days Out: As a mother of three children (aged 10, 8 and 4) we are always on the look out for different experiences and fun things for us to do as a family.
- Recipes: I enjoy cooking so will feature recipes that I love.
- Health & beauty: I review cosmetics, skincare and hair products that appeal to me. Halal beauty is a growing industry and I will be trying to review a lot more of these kind of products.
What does Britpakgirl mean?
Here are a few of my definitions for Britpakgirl:
Brit – Someone from Britain
Pak – A homophone of ‘pack’ i.e. to pack a suitcase 🙂
Pak – An abbreviation of the word Pakistani.
Pak – Pak (pronounced paak) means pure in Urdu.
Other services I provide:
Copywriting: I write content for websites and blogs including newsletters, so if you need help with growing your business then please contact me for rates.
Consultancy: Global Muslim travel is the fastest growing sector in the tourism industry. You can read my ‘Guide to Halal Tourism’ here. I provide advice and consultancy to PRs, hotels, airlines, attractions and restaurants who are struggling to attract the Muslim pound. Please contact me for further details.
PR: I am PR friendly and would love to collaborate with brands I like, and feel my are relevant to my readers.
Disclosure: If I receive a product, or have been invited to a restaurant for review I will mention this in the post somewhere. My blog posts are always my own, truthful opinions.
To see some of my writing portfolio, click here.